So it's 1:25 in the morning, as the title clearly outlines.
I'm up, and alert enough.
let's think about kits.
I have about 3 or 4 pages infront of me outlining the sculpture project I have to finish between now and 12 pm tomorrow. The wonderful thing about sculpture is that you can throw anything together as long as you appear to be creative in doing so. Thats probably why it is not very fun to look at but lots of fun to do.
I must design a 'kit', a d.i.y assembly kit for a series of random events.
This may include anything up to :
kit for the last day
kit for adorning sideburn using banana leaves
Kit for locking yourself out and evryone else in
Kit for body armour our of pasta in the kitchen.
How to approach such a ridiculous idea?
The 'idea' behind the project seems to be the replacement of spontenuity with order and safety.
Or the replacement of manual labour with mass produced technology and our dependence on the knowledge of 'the kit' to aid our lives.
Its about the conveinience of having information handed down to us, and in turn, our underused crative ability.
This was a parody commercial done by some wack job in the 80's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLsKaFknysU
I think I'm going to make a kit for making 10 functions for used ugg boots.
I don't know what do ya'll think about it?
No comments:
Post a Comment